Monday, August 04, 2008

Theatre Royal Hotel: What's happening?

I was waiting for Katie to finish work this afternoon, and with fifteen minutes to spare, thought I'd drop in for a quick ten ounce at the Theatre Royal Hotel, which is just opposite Katie's office at the Royal Hobart Hospital, and immediately next door to the Theatre Royal. Imagine my surprise when I got to the door at four fifteen on a Monday afternoon to find the doors locked and the bar dark.

Does anybody know if the TRH is still operating? I know there's been a few instances this year with the pub being shut on Friday and Saturday nights when there were big shows running in the Theatre. The licensee's name has been blacked off the board at the front of the pub, there's no answer on the phone, and their webpage is malfunctioning. Any clues? Drop me a comment.

No comments: