Monday, September 17, 2007

Lotsa Lancias in London


Was speaking to Becher the other day down in Hobart, and he was putting the finishing touches to the Italian Car Club Magazine he edits. I mentioned that I had been meaning to grab some photos of the more exotic Italian motors that were to be seen around the streets of London.

Later that day, I was in Lina Stores grabbing lunch, when I saw a flyer on the counter for a Lancia Concours at Covent Garden today (Sunday). The concours was run by the Lancia Motor Club, and was held to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the first Lancia being sold in the UK, and also the sixtieth anniversary of the club.

I rode down there, armed with the trusty Canon, and took a few shots. It was a glorious day. There must have been over 200 vehicles down there. Even the Lord Mayor (of the City of London, not Ken Livingstone) was down there checking out the many and varied examples on show in the Piazza.


No comments: